Why You Should Be Using a Water Delivery Service
Potable water is essential to life and remains a life-sustaining need for everyone regardless of age, health status or lifestyle. Water quality is important especially as it relates to how it tastes and smells as well as how well it measures up to acceptable quality standards as defined by local and federal laws. To ensure consistent water quality, many households and businesses rely on bottled water.
Standards for Bottled Water
Bottled water is water that has been processed to meet certain standards and are packaged in plastic, glass or in reusable containers. Carbonation and a hint of flavoring may be added to the water. About 30 billion bottles of water are sold annually in the U.S. Based on data from the International Bottled Water Association, bottled water accounts for 40 percent of all drinking water served. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulates the production and distribution of bottled water as a packaged food product. The guidelines require that containers should clearly state the type of water used.
- Spring Water – Spring water comes from an underground source where the water naturally flows up to the surface. Bottled spring water should be collected right at the source and should exhibit the same pre-treatment physical properties as the source.
- Purified Water – Purified water undergoes distillation, de-ionization, reverse osmosis or other appropriate processes to meet the standards set by the U.S. Pharmacopeia for purified water. This type of water may also be referred to as distilled water, de-ionized water or reverse osmosis water, depending on the purification process used.
- Artesian Water – Artesian water comes from confined aquifers. An underlying layer of sand and rock aids in filtration, but the water level should be higher than the aquifer level.
- Mineral Water – Mineral water comes from a mineral spring, and you can expect this water to contain salts, sulfur compounds and naturally occurring substances that may serve as preventive, curative or both. The water source is also underground, but it should be protected by geological and physical barriers.
- Fluoridated Water – Fluoridated water is typically labeled as nursery water or infant water. Addition of fluoride to water adds a much-needed substance that helps strengthen and protect new teeth.
- Sparkling water – Sparkling water is infused with the same amount of carbon dioxide that it had at the source. Carbon dioxide may be removed and replenished after processing to improve the taste of bottled water.
- Sterile water – The U.S. Pharmacopeia defines water sterilization standards. Water that meets these standards may be labeled as sterile water.
- Well water – Well water is collected from a hole in the ground. The hole may be created by drilling, boring or construction.
Cost and Convenience
Water is heavy, bulky and difficult to transport as anyone who purchases bottled water from retail stores would know. Even when you opt to use plastic jugs that are refillable at certain stations in groceries and other supplies store, ensuring a consistent supply of water can be an issue.
You can reduce the number of trips you make to the grocery or water-dispensing station when you commit to a water-delivery service for your home or business. You will save on gas, labor and other incidental expenses.
Benefits of Ordering Water
Some of the benefits of ordering water are as follows:
- Water delivery service will eliminate the need to refill and carry full size water jugs to filling stations.
- You are assured of a consistent supply of clean, uncontaminated water.
- A bottled-water cooler/dispenser may be part of the introductory offer.
- Water delivery is an efficient system that will ensure that you get your drinking water supply according to a pre-set schedule.
- The quality of bottled water is consistent.
- You can reduce the use of individual plastic bottles by committing to a water delivery schedule.
- Bottled water is a priority emergency supply. With regular deliveries, you can keep your home stocked with quality drinking water.
Water Delivery Companies
Sparkletts has been in the bottled water business for almost a century. Water delivery options include a 5-gallon exchangeable bottle or delivery of a 25-lb case of half-gallon smaller bottles. The Sparkletts water dispenser includes an option for hot water, so you can make tea or instant coffee from the same machine. The company takes pride in being the official bottled water supplier of various theme parks, big businesses and small to medium companies from different sectors. A typical schedule calls for biweekly deliveries.
The service area for Sparkletts includes Austin, Bakersfield, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Mesa, Phoenix, San Antonio, San Diego, Santa Barbara and Tucson. Pricing varies depending on location.
Arrowhead is owned by the large conglomerate Nestlé Waters North America, Inc. In terms of logistics, the company is well-suited to provide water delivery services to an extensive area. Delivery options are flexible so that you can order as needed or opt for a fixed schedule such as weekly, biweekly, monthly, bimonthly, or quarterly. The company also accepts one-off orders.
The cooler/dispenser is set-up with the initial delivery of three or five-gallon order. If you choose auto delivery, Arrowhead will deliver the agreed gallon size once every month unless you request a change. Billing and payment options vary, and customers set this up when signing on for service.
Culligan is a worldwide network of corporate and franchisee-owned outlets that provide drinking water solutions to homes, businesses and industrial facilities. You can have a convenient supply of filtered hot, cold and room-temperature water from Culligan-provided dispensers. Pricing depends on location and type of delivery service. Dispensers are set-up at the requested location upon delivery of your initial order.
Customers work with a local dealer on sign-up, maintenance and billing issues. Culligan ensures that any problems you encounter with the product or service will be resolved quickly.