Best SUV interiors for 2016
There are several steps you generally go through before deciding to buy a new luxury SUV. You might think about your cargo and passenger needs, the type of driving you do, and important safety features. You might consider car colors and exterior styling choices.
The problem at this level is that many of the features on the vehicles could seem indistinguishable. Safety considerations are standard. Exterior add-ons are readily customizable. The best option, then, is to look at the SUV's interior. Utility features and luxury detailing to make the daily commute more relaxing and long-distance traveling a breeze help to distinguish between these makes and models.
Indeed, among the top SUV interiors for 2016 are three stalwarts of the full-size luxury SUV market: the Lincoln Navigator, the Mercedes-Benz GLS SUV, and the Infiniti QX80. All similarly baseline priced and with comparable styling, cargo space and safety considerations, it's in the luxury features and available special offers that these SUVs distinguish themselves.
Consistently a consumer favorite, the Lincoln Navigator includes a bevy of luxury features in its arsenal to keep even the weariest traveler happy. Among the best of its luxury features are:
- Multi-level heated and powered front seats.
- Three-zone automatic climate control.
- Conscientious attention to details such as the leather and wood steering wheel.
- 14 THX surround sound speakers and separate rear audio.
- Memorized settings for 2 drivers.
But it's not just luxury features that are important, and the Lincoln Navigator has a range of utility features as well to keep both weekend adventurers and soccer parents happy. These utility features include:
- Folding third row.
- Universal remote transmitter.
- Rear view camera and front and rear parking sensors.
- Variable intermittent rain sensing windshield wipers.
- Adjustable driver side pedals.
Pros for the Lincoln Navigator include:
- Extremely roomy seating.
- Can be configured to seat 8.
Cons to consider with the Lincoln Navigator:
- Some lower quality plastics are used in the interior.
- Some features standard on other luxury SUVs, such as dual-headrest DVD players and monitors, are extra.
A baseline Lincoln navigator starts at $63,195 MSRP with the L model, with an extended wheelbase, starts at $65,560 MSRP. The top end L Reserve with all wheel drive starts at $76,650 MSRP.
Currently you can lease a Lincoln Navigator for 36 months for $599, with cash due at signing, or purchase one with 0% APR for up to 60 months with a $2,000 Lincoln Premium Bonus at purchase.
Mercedes-Benz GLS SUV
Mercedes-Benz has long been considered a frontrunner of the luxury market, and the GLS SUV delivers a list of luxury features sure to appeal to even the most jaded consumer. Among those luxury features are:
- Multi-level passenger and driver heated seats.
- Dual zone climate control for the driver and passenger.
- Available Roadside Assistance and Turn-by-Turn Navigation.
- Dual video monitors, DVD player and memory card slot.
- A sun sensor to automatically adjust the air conditioning according to exterior conditions.
- A heated steering wheel.
The GLS SUV doesn't disappoint when it comes to utility features either. Whether you're making a weekend surf trip to the coast or commuting home in drizzly Friday afternoon rush hour, it has features to keep you going, including:
- A universal remote transmitter so you're never without your garage door opener.
- Audio and transmission controls on the steering wheel.
- Destination Guidance and available Roadside Assistance and Destination Download.
- A rearview camera with PARKTRONIC active parking assistance.
Among the Pros for GLS are:
- A quiet, stylish interior with plenty of room in all rows.
- Trademark COMAND system to manage all the electronic bells and whistles.
Cons for the GLS include:
- Leather seats are not standard on the base trim level.
- Occasionally clunky handling.
The base GLS450 starts at $68,700 MSRP with two other trim levels and a diesel option. Available packages, including the Lane Tracking Package and the Power Package, add additional fees. The AMG GLS63, Mercedes-Benz's flagship SUV of the GL line, starts at $124,100.
The current special offers for the Mercedes GLS SUV includes the Mercedes-Benz Summer Event with several lease options for qualified customers.
Infiniti has built its brand to be synonymous with luxury, and its long list of attributes reminds us once more of why Infiniti has become a leader in the luxury market. Among its long list of luxury features are:
- Multi-level heated leather seats with power adjustable settings.
- Three zone climate controls with rear ventilation ducts.
- 13 Bose audio speakers, 2 subwoofers, and speed sensitive volume control.
- A DVD player with video monitor and USB interface.
- Strategically placed noise-insulating glass.
The Infiniti also distinguishes itself with a number of utility features including:
- Folding second row and power folding third row seats for extra cargo room.
- Hands free entry.
- Front and rear parking sensors and 360° view monitor.
- Memorized settings for two drivers, including both steering wheel and audio preferences.
- Manual rear seat easy entry.
Pros for the Infiniti QX80 include:
- Luxurious styling including leather seats.
- Generous technological appointments.
Cons to the Infiniti QX80 are:
- Limited third row legroom.
- Many of the extras are available only in prearranged packages.
The Infiniti QX80 includes a base and Limited trim levels with an optional Signature Edition at the base level with rear and all-wheel drive options for all trim levels. Estimated MSRP for a base rear wheel drive QX80 is $63, 250 while the fully loaded Limited starts at $88,850 MSRP.
The Infiniti "Start a New Legacy" campaign includes several special offers for the QX80 including two lease offers for rear wheel and all-wheel drive models with driver assistance, theater, tire and wheel packages and a purchase offer of 0.9% financing for up to 60 months for qualified customers.
All of these luxury SUVs have sophisticated and comfortable features that will surely please the discerning buyer. What is important is that you select the one that will best suit your lifestyle needs.