The Perfect Foundations for Under $20
A foundation sets the stage for the rest of your beauty routine. It not only disguises imperfections but also improves your skin with nourishing ingredients.
You might think that a product that does so much should cost an arm and a leg. However, you can buy many quality foundations for less than $20.
Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation Serum
Even though this Perricone product is advertised as a “no foundation foundation,” it provides ample coverage.
This foundation is a serum that glides on. A little goes a long way, as the serum sits on the surface of the skin. This property provides a physical shield from pollution and UV radiation.
Because it dries quickly after application, this serum provides a semi-matte finish. Plus, the coverage can be built up to achieve the level of camouflage that you desire.
You can buy a 0.3-ounce bottle at Walmart for $12.99.
- Great for dry skin.
- Doesn’t settle into fine lines and wrinkles.
- Contains broad-spectrum SPF 30 protection.
- Contains neuropeptides, which have anti-aging properties.
- Doesn’t provide a wide range of tones for very light or very dark skin.
- Not a full-coverage product.
JOAH Truly Yours Liquid Foundation
This foundation provides full coverage with a lightweight feel. Therefore, you might not even need to use concealer along with this foundation.
This JOAH foundation contains botanical extracts for hydration and healing. However, it may not be moisturizing enough for people with dry skin.
If you have oily or combination skin and need to conceal an uneven tone, this product may be ideal for you. It blends smoothly and dries to a matte, buildable finish.
Buy 1.01 ounces at CVS for $8.99.
- Covers imperfections well.
- Ideal for oily skin.
- Contains spirulina platensis, which has healing and antioxidant properties.
- Contains moisturizing laminaria japonica extract.
- Has a strong scent.
- Maybe too cakey on dry skin.
- Dropper applicator can be messy
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation
Maybelline’s oil-free formula delivers a flawless finish. Moreover, it provides glowing depth and doesn’t look flat. Also, this foundation provides lasting coverage as it won’t smudge or melt off throughout the day.
Because it’s designed for people with normal to oily skin, this foundation might be too dry for some skin types. Plus, the mattifying product can make parched skin flaky. However, Maybelline also makes a Dewy + Smooth foundation for those with normal to dry skin.
Buy a one-ounce bottle at Ulta Beauty for $7.99.
- Comes in 40 shades.
- Makes skin appear radiant.
- Protects from UV rays with SPF 18.
- Can be too dry.
- Doesn’t contain nourishing ingredients.
COVERGIRL Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Foundation Makeup
If you have fine lines or wrinkles and would like to achieve a more youthful look, you might consider this foundation.
COVERGIRL has combined forces with Olay to deliver skin-enhancing benefits. As the foundation blends into your skin, it hides lines and wrinkles.
The foundation delivers medium coverage and feels lightweight on the skin. You can build it up, but if you use too much, the product can look cakey.
Buy a one-ounce bottle at Walmart for $8.94.
- An amino-peptide complex makes skin smooth and supple.
- Doesn’t settle into lines and wrinkles.
- Contains SPF 10 sun protection.
- Recommended for all skin types.
- Can be chalky if you apply it heavily.
- Only comes in eight colors.
L.A. Girl Pro Coverage Liquid Foundation
This is one of the most affordable foundations that provides full coverage and lasts all day.
The formula is hydrating and doesn’t look cakey on any skin texture. As such. it maintains a dewy finish even after it dries. Also, it feels lightweight, which gives the sensation of bare skin.
If the 15 provided shades don’t match your skin tone, you can customize them using the white foundation.
Buy 0.95 ounces on Amazon for about $7.
- Doesn’t contain parabens.
- Antioxidant formula fights free radicals.
- Ideal for sensitive skin.
- Pump applicator is hygienic.
- Might be too dewy on oily skin.
You don’t have to sacrifice quality for a low price when you’re seeking a foundation. There are affordable options for all skin types and shades. These products are versatile and so cheap that they’re worth experimenting with to find what works best for you.
Vladimir Gjorgiev / Shutterstock