Black Friday ads for 2019 are circulating online. Shoppers are buzzing about expected discounts to hit on Cyber Monday. If it’s time to upgrade your cellphone or you want to give someone special a new phone, you’re likely waiting for just the right holiday sale.
If Android is your preferred system, the following Samsung Galaxy deals may fit your needs.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10/10+
If you’re looking for a lightweight phone that doesn’t sacrifice screen space, the Galaxy Note 10 is a good pick. The only catch for some users is that it doesn’t have a jack to connect headphones. If you need a port for a microSD card, you’ll have to pick the Galaxy Note 10+.
The Galaxy Note 10 does offer a 6.3-inch infinity screen. It’s slim enough to slip into a pocket and was designed for portability. The intuitive camera automatically adjusts settings to capture crisp images that are true to what you see with your eyes. Some users may also appreciate the ability to share their charge with other cellphones with the PowerShare feature.
- Slim, portable design
- Large infinity screen
- Advanced fingerprint unlock
- Pro-grade camera
- Lacks headphone jack
- Note 10 lacks microSD port
- Shorter than expected battery life
At full retail price, the Galaxy Note 10 and 10+ starts at $949.99. There are some holiday sales for 2019 that may give you a discount:
- From November 28 to December 1, Walmart will offer an eGift card worth $450 with every purchase of the Galaxy Note 10+. If you have an eligible trade-in, you can score an additional eGift card worth up to $250. You must activate the phone on a payment plan from AT&T, Sprint, or Verizon.
- Activate an unlocked Galaxy Note 10 or 10+ at Best Buy to receive a $50 discount.
- Lease a Galaxy Note 10+ from Sprint for just $20 per month. At the end of the 18-month leasing contract, you either purchase the phone or trade it in for a new phone.
Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+
The Galaxy S10 offers dual rear cameras and excellent picture quality with an infinity screen that allows you to unlock the phone with the touch of a finger. The PowerShare feature allows you to share your charge with other compatible cellphones. Unlike the Galaxy Note 10, it has a headphone jack.
The Galaxy S10+ has a slightly larger screen. The specs are the same as the S10 with an added selfie camera.
- 5G model available
- Large infinity screens
- Multiple lens camera
- The added selfie camera on the 10+
- All-day intelligent battery
- S10 front-facing camera lacks quality
- Facial recognition is sometimes glitchy
The Galaxy S10 and S10+ starts at $899.99. The following Black Friday deals for 2019 may give your bank account a break:
- Activate a new Galaxy S10 or S10+ on an AT&T, Sprint, or Verizon payment plan at Walmart to receive an eGift card worth $450. You can earn an additional eGift card worth up to $250 if you have an eligible phone to trade-in. This deal is available from November 28 to December 1.
- Walmart also has a 128GB Refurbished Galaxy S10+ for $543.
- If you open a new line with Sprint at Costco, you can save up to $660 on the Galaxy S10, S10+, or S10e. If you upgrade a line, you get a $200 Costco shop card.
- Head to Best Buy to get a new Galaxy S10 on the Sprint network for just $10 per month. This deal extends to phones purchased with a new or existing contract. Plus, the installment plan lasts for 24 months. Your total savings is $660 over the full-price monthly rate.
With holiday deals offering substantial discounts, it’s worth the upgrade if you have an older Galaxy S model.
Samsung Galaxy A50
Samsung’s Galaxy A50 is the budget-friendly option for buyers who don’t need all the bells and whistles. It offers some of the technology that you’ll find on the S10 and Note 10. This includes the innovative fingerprint lock that allows you to press anywhere on the screen to unlock the phone.
What it lacks are high-resolution videography and speaker quality. Despite that, the camera is still quite impressive.
- Long-lasting battery life
- The built-in fingerprint reader
- Includes jack for headphones
- Video resolution limited to 1080p
- Low speaker quality
The Galaxy A50 starts at $299.99 when purchased on a carrier plan or $349.99 when unlocked. While most Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals will focus on the S10 and Note 10, there are some discounts surfacing online. Here are a couple of deals that you can snag right now:
- Amazon has an unlocked Galaxy A50 that operates only on GSM networks. It’s listed for $264.99 with free Prime shipping.
- B&H has the unlocked A50 listed for $244.99, which is a savings of $55. They also offer six-month promo financing if you have the credit to qualify.
Samsung Galaxy Fold
If the Galaxy S10+ just isn’t big enough for you, check out the Galaxy Fold. It has an innovative design that features a folding 7.3-inch display screen. Fold it out to get the big-picture view of photos, videos, social media, and downloaded documents. Then fold it up and tuck it away for portability that won’t get in the way of your busy lifestyle. Just don’t try to tuck it into a pocket because it’s too thick for most blue jeans or dress pants. It’s better suited to a purse or hip case.
While the size and weight of the Galaxy Fold may discourage some buyers, the durability that comes with the thicker size will win others over. If you don’t like the fragility of some Samsung Galaxy phones, the Fold is a good alternative.
- Largest Galaxy available
- Innovative design
- Smoothly runs multiple apps simultaneously
- 5G version available
- 66-inch thickness
- Lower quality camera than other Galaxy phones
The starting price for the Galaxy Fold is $1,980, making it the most expensive Galaxy phone available today.
Since this is a new Samsung release, it’s questionable whether Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals will surface in 2019. Many stores aren’t even offering it online and only select brick-and-mortar stores have one on display. Despite that, you can buy the unlocked international version for $2,294.99 on Amazon.
The Last Word
Are you looking for the best deals on Samsung Galaxy phones this holiday season?
Most stores and online retailers will offer steep discounts and high-dollar gift cards for the Galaxy S10, S10+, and Note 10. Deals for the Galaxy A50 and Fold are expected to be more difficult to find, but you may still save $50 or more if you watch the ads closely.